In-fill House & Land
Many investors prefer new house & land. Advantages over old stock include:
- very much higher depreciation
- easier rentals due to the brand new product
- negligible maintenance for many years
- guarantees on product quality
- fixed price contract in advance without the need to spend weekends house hunting
However, most new H&L is in new estates.
Some investors that prefer new H&L in well established suburbs – this product typically become available through sourcing an old house on a large block suitable for redevelopment into two or more new homes. Land in established suburbs (usually closer to the CBD) is typically more expensive than in new subdivisions further out.
This type of investment can appeal to investors that can afford a higher price for an investment in a strong location.
Compass has access to in-fill H&L properties, but these are not always available.